Soccer moms rule!

2:24 PM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Wow! I have joined the rank of ranks. Within one month I have crossed two major thresholds of mommyland; Soccer mom and PTA volunteer. Oh yes, it's happened to me of all people and I find it strangely fulfilling, exciting and *gasp* fun. No really, I get to sort of be a boss (which I like) but without all the serious responsibility, I get to organize and plan and what I don't want to do I enlist other parents for. It's an ace plan.

My goal right now is to find a way to get a sponsor for our school because we need $15,000 in order to have all day kindergarten next year. Now, I have a pre-k kid right now so next year is Kindergarten for him so I can't tell you how important it is that both of those boys be in school all day. It is essential for my sanity (and yours too actually). So yes, my motives are purely selfish, but there is a huge benefit to all if we can get it accomplished.

Soccer practice rained out today, game tomorrow at noon! So far out little team has clobbered the competition and let's hope tomorrow is no different. I'd end this with some sort of cool "gooooooooo *insert team name here* but we don't have a team name yet, we're the kids in the purple shirts.


0 comments: